How to blur out your house on Google Maps
If you want to request Google Maps to blur out your house or any other sensitive information, you can follow these steps:
1. Open Google Maps: Go to the Google Maps website (https://www.google.com/maps) on your computer or launch the Google Maps app on your mobile device.
2. Locate your house: Use the search bar or navigate on the map to find your house.
3. Activate Street View: Once you have found your house on the map, drag and drop the yellow Pegman icon (located at the bottom right corner of the screen) onto your street. This activates Street View and allows you to see a 360-degree view of your location.
4. Report a problem: In Street View, navigate to the specific view that shows your house and look for the "Report a problem" option in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Click or tap on it.
5. Specify the issue: A new window will open, allowing you to select the area you want to report. Click or tap on your house to indicate that you want it blurred.
6. Provide details: Fill out the form with the necessary details. In the "Request blurring" section, you can mention that you want your house blurred for privacy reasons.
7. Submit the request: After filling out the form, submit your request by clicking or tapping the "Submit" button.
Note: It's important to keep in mind that Google Maps may not honor every request for blurring. They evaluate each request on a case-by-case basis, considering factors such as privacy concerns, legal requirements, and their own policies.
Alternatively, you can also contact Google Maps support directly to inquire about blurring your house by visiting their support website or reaching out to their customer service.
It took Google Maps approximately 2 weeks to blur my house out after putting in the request. Now it looks like this: